Money Follows the Person Transition Coordinator at DCIL
Dakota Center for Independent Living, a non profit advocacy organization for people with disabilities has an immediate full-time 40 hours/week opening for a Money Follows the Person Nursing Facility Transition Coordinator. This position will be responsible for all aspects of transitioning individuals from nursing facilities into the community of their choice. Must have strong organizational, planning, communication, and interpersonal skills, the ability to write detailed notes, and work well as a team member. Must be outgoing, motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently. This is a direct service position with no supervisory duties.
Occasional work beyond the regular schedule may be required.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in sociology, social services, social work, or field related to programmatic needs from an accredited university, plus at least one year of progressively responsible experience in programs related to assignment; or,
- High school graduation, or its equivalent, plus at least four years of progressively responsible experience in programs or services related to assignment; or,
- High school graduation, or its equivalent, and any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Include a cover letter and resume.
Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel in our 18 county service delivery area. The position is open until filled. Pay is based on education and experience. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.50 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow state and federal guidelines relaing to COVID-19.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Human service, social work or nursing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person