Presented by the Bismarck-Mandan Chamber and Doosan Bobcat, the 2018 Workforce Summit will provide our region the opportunity to access resources and to be included in a discussion of workforce issues and solutions with industry leaders.
The economic strength of Bismarck-Mandan, and North Dakota, is unquestionably connected to the education and skills of our community. A diversely skilled and educated workforce further enables our region’s ability to be economically competitive on a local, national and global level.
Employers, educators and professionals are encouraged to attend the 2018 Bismarck-Mandan Chamber Workforce Summit on Wednesday, October 31. In addition to relevant keynote speakers and panel discussions, the 2018 Workforce Summit will feature workshops to provide attendees with insight into the various opportunities and challenges of workforce development.
Admission is $30.00 for Chamber Members and $45.00 for General Admission. Tables of eight are available for $300.
To RSVP, contact Shay Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program has been submitted for continuing education credits from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and professional development credits from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
8:00am - 8:30am
8:30am - 9:00am
PANEL DISCUSSION: Talent Attraction & Retention: Insight from Today's Workforce
(Moderator - Shane Goettle, Odney)
· Rachel Kunkel, Registered Nurse, Sanford Health
· Ed Sargeant, Creative Services Director, Agency MABU
· Dan Shockley, Foreman, Northern Imporvement Co.
· Wendy VanDuyne, Associated, Community Development, Stantec
9:00am - 9:30am
PANEL DISCUSSION: Ready-Up: A Career Readiness Discussion with Employers, Educators & Students
(Moderator - Jeanne Masseth, Legacy Talent Development)
· Kayla Hieb, Training & Development Specialist, Doosan Bobcat
· Dale Hoerauf, Director, Career Academy & Technical Center, Bismarck Public Schools
· Skylar Jablonski Strand, High School Student, Bismarck High School
· Additional Paneist to be announced
9:30am - 9:45am
9:45am - 11:25am
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS*
· Generations, Engagement, and Inclusion - Where do we go from here!
· Jeffon Seely, Innovations International
· Developing a Strong Cultures Through Leadership
· Alyssa Johnson, HR Administrator, Eide Bailly
· Workforce Strategies: Discussion of Best Practices
· Raquel Nachatilo, PHR, SHHRM-CP, Human Resources Director, Missouri Valley Family YMCA
* Attendees will have an opportunity to attend two, 45-minute workshops.
CLOSING KEYNOTE: Activating Employee Engagement
· Bob Randall, CEO of Transcend Engagement
- Central Dakota Human Resource Association