Presented by the Bismarck-Mandan Chamber and Doosan Bobcat, the 2017 Workforce Summit will provide our region the opportunity to access resources and to be included in a discussion of workforce issues and solutions with industry leaders.
The economic strength of Bismarck-Mandan, and North Dakota, is unquestionably connected to the education and skills of our community. A diversely skilled and educated workforce further enables our region’s ability to be economically competitive on a local, national and global level.
Employers, educators and professionals are encouraged to attend the 2017 Bismarck-Mandan Chamber Workforce Summit on Tuesday, October 24 at the Radisson Hotel. In addition to relevant keynote speakers and panel discussions, the 2017 Workforce Summit will feature workshops to provide attendees with insight into the various opportunities and challenges of workforce development.
Admission is $30.00 for Chamber Members and $45.00 for general admission. Tables of eight are available for $300.
To RSVP, contact David Leingang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8:00am - 8:30am
8:30am - 8:50am
OPENING KEYNOTE: Managing You Talent Pipeline
· Jaimie Francis, Director, Programs/Operations, US Chamber Foundation
8:50am - 9:30am
PANEL DISCUSSION: Educator/Employer Collaboration:
Closing the Workforce Skill Gap
· David Farnsworth, Chair, Workforce Development Council and manager of ND Power Generation, Great River Energy
· Dr. Mark Hagerott, Chancellor, North Dakota University System
· Nicole Kivisto, President/CEO, Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
· Robert Marthaller, Asst. Superintendent, ND Dept. of Public Instruction
· Sen. Rich Wardner, Senate Majority Leader
9:45am - 11:40am
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS*
· Developing an Effective Internship Program
· Ashley Eastwell, Doosan Bobcat
· Attracting and Retaining the Next Generation of Talent
· Jeffon Seely, Three Key Life
· Importance of Encouraging Professional Development
· Karel Sovak, University of Mary
* Attendees will have an opportunity to attend two, 45-minute workshops.
CLOSING KEYNOTE: Importance of Company Culture in Talent Retention and Attraction
· Matt Sagaser, Director, Innovation Accelerated & Acceleration Center, Doosan Bobcat North America
Additional presenters include:
· Veteran Services available through Job Service ND
· Joe Hall, Job Service ND
· Impact of Community Involvement
· Jena Gullo, Missouri Slope Areawide United Way
This program has been submitted for continuing education credits from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and professional development credits from the Society for Human Resource (SHRM).