This two-day workshop offered by NDSU’s College of engineering is for inventors who want to develop their ideas into a commercially viable product, or for those who may want to bring their hobby to the next level. This workshop is designed to educate inventors and
allow them to connect with state and industry resources. It also will be a great opportunity to meet and network with other inventors who also are going through various stages of product development. Industry and university experts will cover a broad range of subjects geared toward educating inventors on how to progress from the idea stage to getting a marketable product to the customer. Don’t miss this informative opportunity!
What will be covered:
- Evaluating your idea for commercialization
- Patents, Trademarks, and Trade secrets
- Designing, Prototyping and Product Testing
- University R&D
- Inventor's Panel
- Manufacture, Outsource, or License
- The Business Plan
- Marketing and Market Research
- Business Registration and Licensing
- Legalities of owning a business
- Finding Funding: Grants, Loans, Angels, etc.
- Selling to the government
- Global business
- Panel of ND Certified Entrepreneurial Centers
Most of the workshops are presented by the North Dakota resources who help people commercialize their ideas every day. There will also be a networking and informational social. Join us May 2-3 at the North Dakota Heritage Center and find out why North Dakota is a great state for commercializing your idea!